A life of painting mood through landscape
‘I’m a painter because there aren’t the words to convey certain feelings.
It’s purely visual.’
Steven Outram RBA
‘The Glory’ oil 60” x 48”
Group shows in UK include: Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum Glasgow, The Royal Liver Building, Liverpool,
Christie’s Contemporary Arts Bath and Cambridge, Bank Street Gallery Sevenoaks, Century Fine Art Datchet, Island Fine Art Bembridge, Reynolds Fine Art Buckhurst Hill, Shell House Gallery Ledbury, Tidal Wave Hereford, Webster Gallery Oxshott.
Works exhibited at British art fairs include: Affordable Arts Fair London & Bristol, Art London Chelsea, Dulwich Art Fair, LAPADA Fine Art & Antiques Fair, Kensington Arts Fair, London Watercolours & Drawings Fair,
National Exhibition Centre Birmingham, & The Edinburgh Art Fair.
Galleries which represent Steven & show his work on a continuous basis:
• Painting and exhibiting contemporary art full-
• Elected member of the Royal Society of British Artists in 2003.
• Awards: The Not the Turner Prize 2004 a prize -
Award at RBA exhibition 2005; & The Arts Club Award at the Pastel Society exhibition 2007.
• Solo Exhibitions: 1975 Court Lodge Gallery Kent; 1979, 1981, 1983, 1985, Seen Gallery, London W1;
1986 King Street Gallery, St.James’s, London SW1
• Large Retrospective Exhibition 1992, Gloucester City Museum & Art Gallery, most works loaned from private collections.
• Invited Artist to the Discerning Eye Exhibition 2010
• National open competitions, oil paintings exhibited: The Not the Turner Prize 2003; The Not the Turner Prize 2004 finalist.
• Society Annual Open Exhibitions, Mall Galleries: New English Art club, The Royal Institute of Oil Painters, The Royal Society of
British Artists, & The Pastel Society: occasional shows from 1976 onwards.
• International Group Exhibitions: Affordable Art Fair New York, ARTEXPO New York, Seen Gallery Seattle, The Private Collector Gallery Dublin & County Cork.
• First group shows before graduation; Court Lodge Gallery from 1973.
• First group exhibition in London in 1975 (Mackley Gallery, Royal Opera Arcade).
• Continuous painting for group shows since 1973.
• New York Affordable Art Fair 2011
London group exhibitions at: The Art Connoisseur Gallery, The Chocolate Factory, 54 The Gallery Shepherd Market, The GasWorks Fulham.